Monday, January 3, 2011

525,600 Minutes



One year without Mom. About 525,600 minutes. That song has been going through my head all day. Last year I didn't know how I would make it. I couldn't imagine life without Mom. Here I am a year later, amazed that I made it this far.

I'm reminded again that I can do hard things. However, I can't do hard things on my own. This year has been one of those hard things I've done, but I definitely didn't make it this far without help. I've felt my mom close by to pick me up. I know she's there often. What I wouldn't give to have celestial eyes for a day. I've had Jake and my kids to help me smile. Poor Jake who's had to put up with random moments of sadness and tears. He's done it with great compassion. I've had my dad to help. He's trying so hard to fill the hole my mom left, and he's doing a pretty good job if I do say so myself. I've had my sisters and brother. We've managed to pull together and not apart when things have gotten tough. Family is everything. And last, but certainly not least, I've had my Savior by my side along with the assurance that because of Him my family will be together again. I don't believe I could have made it this far without that hope.

So I look back at this last year with relief that I made it this far, and gratitude for what I've learned and the people who have helped me get here. I CAN do hard things...but not on my own.

Love you Mom!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad you're doing alright Laura. I can't imagine what you and your family have been through. You also have lots of friends that are here for you too. : )

zackary04 said...

Beautiful thoughts Laura. We love you and are thinking of you this week and always!