Friday, January 21, 2011

The Bingham-Spjutes!



Our family keeps growing and growing. Its great. The more the merrier right? My dad got remarried to Kathy Bingham last Saturday. I'm so excited for him to not come home to an empty house with hot dogs for dinner every night. This will be a good thing.

Jake's mom is also remarried. The grand total between Jake and I is: 2 parents, 2 step-parents (they're not evil as portrayed in movies by the way), 9 siblings and siblings-in-law, 20 step-siblings and siblings-in-law, 8 nieces and nephews, and something like 25 step-nieces and nephews. I think that totals like 66 in all. Holy cow. I'm still figuring out names. I'm kind of old so my brain doesn't work like it used to. Our poor kids I think just figure they're related to about everyone. They don't question us when we tell them they're related to someone, they just nod and smile.

Anyway, the wedding was great. They were married for time in the Salt Lake Temple, and the sealer did a great job. Then we did pictures and had some yummy food. It was a good day. Somewhat bitter sweet, but mostly sweet. My dad and Kathy have been in Hawaii for the last week. I'm hoping my dad will like it so much that he'll want to take us all some day. Well, that would have to be after he wins on Minute to Win It (I was going to say the lottery but there is zero chance of that happening...and it made me smile to picture my dad on minute to win it).

Here are some pictures of the grand event. Ok, mostly they're pictures of us waiting for Dad and Kathy. I dropped the ball on getting actual pictures of the happy couple... Maybe I'll steal some from Mel's blog:)

PS At the dinner Kate told me that she thinks our new grandma is really nice. So my kids give her two thumbs up!




0 comments: