Friday, January 28, 2011

Winter Fun

Winter is not my favorite time of the year, but doing some winter activities definitely makes it more enjoyable. In fact, I've decided it's necessary to do some kind of winter sport to keep your sanity through our long winters.

Jake and I used our Warren Miller passes to ski at the Canyons on Monday. Tracy was super nice to come watch our kids so we could play. It was so much fun. Pretty much my favorite ski day ever. The snow wasn't awesome, but the sun was shining. For me a sunny ski day is a perfect ski day. Jake and I have both transitioned from snow boarding to skiing. I'm really liking skiing. Two feet facing forward is a good thing I think. I'm a solid blue skier, and totally happy with that. I'm pretty sure I don't care to ever do any blacks. That might change when my kids and husband take off on the blacks and leave me alone. Zack's been taking ski lessons this year and loving it. Best thing we ever did. He's totally in control now and really enjoying it. Love it. Hopefully all of our kids will grow up skiing. How can they not when we live so close to like 5 different ski resorts?

We also took the kids out to the lake to walk on the ice. They thought it was pretty cool. So did I. Very cold though. I don't understand fishing on a beautiful sunny day. Ice fishing I'll never understand.

How many of you can drive 5 minutes and walk on top of a lake? Yet another reason to live in Midway. If you come visit maybe we'll take you out too:)




0 comments: