Friday, May 31, 2013

She Remembers

One of the things I hate most about Linz and Mom being gone is that my kids don't really remember them.  They were so little when everything happened that their memories of them are limited.  So it makes me really happy when they say or do things that show that they really do remember.

Yesterday Kate brought home her writing journal she's been using all year.  I was flipping through it and came to this page:



I know you can't really read this, so let me translate.  The top of the page says, "Think of someone who has made an impact on your life.  What makes them so special?"  Then it says, "Who is your inspiration or who has made an impact on your life?"  Kate wrote, "Grandma".  I asked her which grandma and she said Grandma Lou (that's what we call my mom).

In the three stars below she listed reasons why she thinks this person is special.  She wrote, "she taught me how to read, she believed that I could read, and because she likes to play with me."  The back of the page says, "Give one example of a memory with this person."  She drew a picture of my mom reading to her.

This just makes me happy.  Kate and my mom did have a sweet relationship.  I just love that when Kate had to choose someone who's made an impact on her life she chose my mom, even though Kate was only three when she passed away.  I love, love, love that my mom is still impacting my kids lives.  Love it.

1 comments:

April said...

That's so great!