Thursday, May 16, 2013

Zack is the Man

Getting ready to start - ok, so there wasn't a lot of competition - we take what we can get

Getting ready to launch

I have amazing camera skills

Proud Zack with his rocket

Zack isn't into team sports, and I'm down with that.  Jake and I are both more solo sport kind of people...antisocial to the core I guess.  Anyhow, during the winter Zack loved skiing, and now that summer's here he's really digging mountain biking.  I love it.  Last night was a kids mountain bike race (yes, these are the kinds of things we do in Midway...we're cool, I know).  Zack was so excited to ride his bike.  You could do one, two, or three laps.  Zack did three.

Quick side note:  Kate also raced - on her Walmart bike with no gears.  She was supposed to do two laps, but was happy to stop after one.  She doesn't have a competitive bone in her body, but she is one determined girl.

Back to Zack...He won the race, by a lot.  I was proud, but he was even more proud.  He's been telling everyone that he won.  He insists that he wasn't trying to win, but there was a definite competitive look in his eye while he was racing.  I've never seen that on him before, so it made me happy.  Good times mountain biking.  Yet another thing that my kids will be better at than I am.

Today at school Zack got to launch his rocket.  He's worked hard all year to be able to do this and was super excited.  These little rockets shoot up really high.  Zack painted his rocket orange, his favorite color.  Good times for Zack.  He is, most definitely, The Man.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Way to go Big Z! Tell him to stop growing already!

April said...

That's awesome! Good job Zack!