Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom!

I have a love/hate relationship with this picture
Happy Birthday to Mom today!  She would be 59.  Craziness.  I told my kids to try to do something extra nice for someone today, in honor of Grandma Lu.  April and I are going to the Cheesecake Factory for the first annual Mom's Birthday Lunch.  Hopefully as the years pass we'll get more siblings there.  I'll eat the lunch for Mom, and the cheesecake for Linz:).  We all know food makes everything better, right?

In other news, Jake came through for me for Mother's Day (which is impressive since its not my favorite day, thus he has his work cut out for him).  Jake's cousin, Jordan Wright,  is an amazing artist.  Last year he painted this picture of Peach City in Brigham City.  I've been wanting it ever since for a couple of reasons.  My mom grew up in Brigham City, and not only that, but she actually worked at Peach City.  So now I can put this painting up that everyone can enjoy because its awesome, but for me it has extra meaning.

So, in honor of my mom, everyone do something extra nice for someone today.  Some act of service.  Because that's what she would be doing if she was here.

PS - If any of my siblings, or anyone else, want prints or copies of this painting it can be arranged.  Just let me know.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

of course I want it. It's awesome! Jake is the man.

ellen said...

I love the painting. What a nice gift.