Sunday, July 12, 2015

Festival Days!

I love Farmington Festival Days.  It's got all the makings of a great weekend:  a race, a parade, and yummy food.  Doesn't get better.  Kate and I ran the 5k again with cousin Megan and Uncle Toby.  The girls did great.  Kate's a trooper of a runner.  She keeps pushing along and then has an amazing kick at the end that always gets her to the finish line fast.  I hope she keeps running so we can run together more.  She finished in just over 30 minutes and got second place in her age group.  Go Kate!

We had Dad's who hash casserole for breakfast and then rolled to the parade.  I love the Farmington parade.  They threw so much candy that the kids finally stopped picking it up.  A sure sign of a great parade.  The kids spent some time on the slip 'n slide after the parade and then we had a lunch of hot dogs and watermelon.  My kind of lunch.  Zack wanted to celebrate his birthday there (since Festival Days are in honor of his birthday) so we had birthday root beer floats per his request.  I was happy to oblige since that's way easier than a cake.

And in case you were wondering, we're now entering birthday season in the Jorgenson household.  In the next month we'll celebrate four birthdays.  Yes, four.  Deep breaths on my part and prayers in my behalf would be appreciated;)

Grandpa can't make a pancake too big for Zack to finish

Uncle Dan may have been doing a dance to get chocolate

slip 'n slide fun

Birthday root beer float

My running buddy Kate

Kate and Megan after the race

0 comments: