Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is over, soon Christmas will be here and I haven't bought a single Christmas present.  I'm in trouble.

But before I jump to Christmas, we need to talk about Thanksgiving.  We had a great weekend.  We started a new tradition of running a Turkey Trot as a family.  It was so great.  I was going to have Sage ride her bike, but she really wanted to run.  So all of us ran and it was awesome.  The kids did great, especially Sage.  I was amazed.  She's never even run even close to that far before, but she ran pretty much the whole way.  She was passing people left and right and just kept going.  She ended up finishing in just under 34 minutes.  Crazy!  She was super tired after and took two big naps in the car that day, but I was impressed.  It was a lot of fun to run a race with the whole family.  Definitely a great tradition.

For our feast, as my kids call it, we went to Greg and Tracy's.  There were at least 50 people there, but of course Tracy managed to have plenty of food, and even managed to make all of the tables look beautiful.  It was great to visit with everyone and eat lots of yummy food.

The rest of the weekend has been pretty chill.  We finally finished painting our garage.  Its been a huge disaster since we moved in and I finally couldn't take it anymore and told Jake we were painting it or else...  We had to paint it so that he would put shelves in so we could get all of our junk off the floor and actually park two cars in the garage.  For the first time in like 10 years I have a nice, clean, organized garage.  We still need to put more shelves in, but I can now go in there without getting a major headache.  The kids worked hard to help us finish.  It was definitely a family project.

I had to add this.  This is Sage's traumatic face after losing her first tooth

Ready to race!

0 comments: