Sunday, July 8, 2018

St George In The Summer!

I've never in my life been in St George in the summer months.  I love St George, but I've always avoided going there in the summer.  Until now.  Jake's extended family planned a get-together there, so we left the 80 degrees at our house for the 100 degrees of St George.  Despite the heat, we had a great time.  We had great fun visiting with family again, and the kids enjoyed getting to know their cousins better!

We packed a lot into two quick days.  The girls swam for hours and hours, and would have swam more if we had time.  They loved it.  Jake, Zack and I went on a mountain bike ride early Saturday morning to beat the heat.  Jake's cousin and uncle came with us and it was a really fun ride.  Beautiful scenery and not even too hot!  It was a more technical ride than I like, but not too bad.  I even managed to hurl myself off a two-foot drop off without killing myself.  I'm so hard core.  We also went on a night hike, which was an adventure.  I haven't done that for a long time.  We went up to Snow Canyon and ended up hiking like 5 miles, even though we had only planned on hiking like 2.  Why is it that everything I do with Jake ends up being longer and harder than what he says it will be??

We went to Zions and hiked a couple of miles into the narrows.  I haven't hiked in there for years and it was really fun.  So beautiful, and fun to hike in the water when it's so hot outside.  We had to turn around before everyone so we could head home, but we had great fun.  We definitely need to do it again when we can hike further! 

See, we packed a lot in for the weekend!  Phew!!



We went to the Black Bear Diner for dinner.  Sage loved her sugar (dinner)

Zack attempting to eat his HUGE hamburger.  He was in heaven.




Zack loves it when I hug him

Beautiful!

Mountain biking dudes



The Narrows!





So pretty!




0 comments: