Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Catch Up

Before I move on to write about more recent events, I need to write about some of the not so big things that have been happening this summer.  I can't believe we have just over a month left of summer!  Once we made it through June, the summer is flying by!  This year we just happened to have nothing planned in June.  I mean nothing.  There were times it felt like an eternal month.  But July began in St George and it's not slowing down.  Note to self: Make sure to schedule something fun in June so as not to experience Eternal June ever again.

Really, summer has been going well.  We got right into a good routine, and that's definitely helped the summer along.  The kids know that if they tell me they're bored I'll give them chores, so it pretty much hasn't happened.  Hallelujah!  And don't feel too bad for them, I've given them plenty of resources of things to do.  Which is why I lose my mind if they tell me they're bored.  I'm such a good mom.

Anyway, I made it a goal that we would go on some kind of hike every week this summer, and I think so far we've accomplished that!  We missed last week, but we ran a 5k instead so I vote that counts.  We went to a Bees game that was a lot of fun.  We sat in the shade the whole time so we didn't completely roast.  At the end we got to sit on the grass and watch fireworks and they were the best fireworks we've ever seen.  We were so close to them that pieces of cardboard were falling on us.  We might need to make that a tradition:)

We stayed in Midway for the 4th because we love it here!  We went for a hike in the morning and then the kids played on the water slide our neighbors got all day long.  I looked around, realized I was alone, and headed to the theater to watch a movie.  I think I've started a new 4th of July tradition;)  Anyway, we barbecued with friends that night, ate scones from another neighbor, let off our own fireworks, and watched the fireworks on Memorial Hill right from our front yard.  I love the 4th in Midway!

And before we move on to pictures, let me just note that yes, I know there are an abundance of pictures of Sage.  We don't love her any more than we love the other kids, but that girls is constantly begging us to take her picture.  And posing.  You should thank me that there aren't more pictures of her, because if she had it her way that's all we would have.

A Sunday hike-a-walk that was exceedingly hot


Sage recovering from the extreme heat

Another pretty hike not far from our house!


The view from one of Jake's jobs.  I love our beautiful valley!

Our 4th of July hike



Watching the Memorial Hill fireworks


The traditional burning of Memorial Hill due to fireworks

Bees game!


Sage dancing before the fireworks

0 comments: