Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Festival Days!



Oh how I love Farmington Festival Days.  Not sure why, because really its nothing super awesome.  But every year I love it and every year I put it on the calendar so we don't miss it.  This year was especially awesome because Mel came with her kids for the week.  The girls and I also stayed at April and Toby's Thursday and Friday night.  That made the weekend extra fun.  My girls are still talking about how fun it was to spend more than a couple of hours with cousins.  Because of where we live we usually miss out on extended family time.  It was really fun to be able to spend some good, quality time with everyone!

The week started for us when the older cousins came for a sleepover.  We broke the theater in and watched 'A Quiet Place'.  Loved it.  My girls were so happy that I wouldn't let them watch it (not really, but I was happy when they didn't wake me up in the middle of the night because they were scared).  Anyway, Sage proudly told me she stayed up until 12:30am.  She was so excited to hang with the older kids.  Thursday we went to Crown Burger (delicious) and went to the pool.  That night we had the opportunity to meet Linz's favorite companion Sister Nepal (that's not her real name, but I can't ever remember it).  She and her husband were so great and it was fun to chat with them and hear more about Linz.  I know Linz was jumping for joy that we got to meet each other.  It was a great night!

Friday the kids went to Lagoon.  And died in the heat.  Saturday a bunch of us did the 5k.  I love doing that race, even though I'll never actually race it again.  The girls did great and placed in their age groups.  We followed the race up with Dad's famous breakfast casserole and then headed to the parade.  That parade is also the best parade ever.  This year we had a festival days miracle and it was cloudy and not hot.  Perfect!  The kids got so much candy that by the end there was tons of candy on the ground that they didn't even bother to pick up.  We got our second wind when Kathy fed us popsicles, bless her heart.  Then we headed up Farmington Canyon to go bum sliding.  My kids were so excited because they've heard all about this but never been able to go before.  It was amazing and no one even got hurt (another festival days miracle).  Anyway, obviously an epic weekend.  We loved every second of it!

A quick note that while we were experiencing festival days, Zack was experiencing his first trek.  He turned 14 while he was on trek.  I told him it was a birthday he would never forget.  Our stake got to go to Muddy Creek Wyoming.  Zack says he had a great time.  His family was amazing and I don't think he even felt bad he missed festival days. I'm so glad he got to go on trek because I've never been.  It was a great weekend for everyone (except maybe Jake who was working his brains out).

Ready for the parade

Sister Nepal!

We celebrated Zack's birthday with the cousins

Ready to be scared!

Zack ready for trek

All of the cousins except for Zack!

Zack had a giant root beer float for his birthday.  This is what he looks like when you sing to him

Winners!

Everyone who ran

Delicious!
Zack's cute family got balloons for him on the handcart

Bum sliding!
I sent him a box of sour patch kids to open on his birthday





0 comments: