Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Farmington Festival Days



I grew up in Farmington, and festival day events are becoming quite the tradition with our family. We do the 5k in the morning, followed by breakfast and a parade. We definitely kept the tradition alive this year. I ran in the 5k along with my sister Alicia, my dad, and my brother-in-law Toby. I managed to pull off first place in my age group. Not too bad for a *& year old:).

After the race we added a new part to festival days. This was the kids bike race. It was great. Zack got to ride in the race with training wheels on his bike. He was so proud to have his own race number. He got off to a bit of a rough start when someone crashed in front of him. He had to wait for them to move before he could get down to the business of racing. It was great fun to watch and Zack loved every second.

The kids race was followed by a delicious breakfast compliments of my mom. We stuffed our faces in true Spjute style. Then we headed to the parade. The kids took home a huge bag of candy, which means the parade was a success.

Then we ran home, did some yard work, and headed out on the boat with the Browns. Super fun as usual. Jake took a crazy tube ride and loved every second of it. The grin on his face was so big he looked like a little kid again. He was super soar the next day, but said it was well worth it. Quite the full day. Play hard, work hard...that's my motto. Even better when there's more play than work.

1 comments:

Tamara said...

You guys are so much fun! I need to come hang out with you so you can s how me how to party. :)