Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Own Backyard



We are blessed to live in beautiful Midway. The most beautiful valley you could ever live in. Anything you like to do in the great outdoors can be done within about 5 minutes of our house. If you feel so inclined to make a huge long drive of, oh, an hour, then you can be in the Uintahs. Yes, we live in paradise. I tell Jake that there's nowhere we could ever buy a cabin that would be better than where we live. Anyway, I digress...

This weekend we went camping in the Uintahs. We met the Browns and some of there friends up there and had a great time. It was so, so beautiful. Going there is soothing to my soul. We set up our huge tent, and then Jake was off to fish. This just in...Jake Jorgenson, of Midway Utah, caught a fish! He actually caught multiple fish. As much as he loves to fish, he's usually not too lucky in catching fish. Hopefully this will be a turning point for him:)

We had fun around the campfire. The kids love eating more than their share of marshmallows. The night was super cold, but we all survived it quite well I think. The next morning we packed up and headed to Cliff Lake. The kids love to hike and really do quite well. I carried Kate in the backpack and she informed me that she was a good hiker. Right. We got to a beautiful lake and broke out the climbing gear. Yep, we got to rock climb while looking at the beautiful lake and mountains. It doesn't get better than that. The kids loved climbing around on the ground and the adults loved climbing up the wall. A great time was definitely had by all.

PS If this plug for Midway fills you with longing to live here, please talk to me and I'll be happy to help you out. The more the merrier.

4 comments:

Matt and Mandy said...

Aww, cute! Your camera takes WAAAYY better pictures than mine! I should have brought my good camera! Maybe someday I'll remember it! That was such a fun little trip, we need to do it again soon! It's going to get cold too fast! I love the beautiful mountains!

Hilary said...

What fun posts! You guys have sure been enjoying your summer. I'll admit that I'm very jealous. It's hard to do any fun "outdoor" type things without my husband around. I'm seriously thinking about taking the kids backpacking next year by myself 'cause I'm going crazy not getting out. For now, though, I'll live vicariously (sp?) through you! :)

The Christensen's said...

Looks like you all had a blast. I wish we could get up there more. We haven't done anything all summer. Kids are getting so big. Did you make kate's cake?? I love it. So fun!! Hope to see you soon.

AJ Gorham said...

Looks like a lot a fun! Congrats on the catching of fish...so much more rewarding to actually get a few on the line when you go!