Monday, May 31, 2010

The Puke Mobile


We had fun plans for this Memorial Day weekend. We were going to swim, and then partake of my Aunt's famous BBQ ribs and some of Mel's yummy cheesecake. Good times I'm sure, but not for us. We did get to play a bit with the cousins and do some barbecuing with Jake's family, but then things went down hill.

We literally pulled up to the pool and Zack threw up, all over, in the truck. So we turned around amidst Kate's screams that she wanted to swim and went to my Dad's to clean up. We hosed Zack up, hosed the truck off, and decided to head home. By this time Jake and Kate were complaining of bad stomachs. So I drove. We were smart enough to grab a couple of buckets from my dad, and its a good thing too. Zack threw up (in the bucket this time), then Kate threw up, then Jake threw up. Meanwhile I'm driving down the freeway thinking it's a good thing I have an iron stomach, while chuckling to myself. I did refrain from laughing out loud, which for a Spjute is no small feat. The quote that kept running through my head, which I believe is from Sandlot, is, "I've seen a lot of things in my life, but that was awesome".

So now we're home and we've had no further puking episodes. The three sickies are sitting on the couch watching tv. I resigned myself to eating leftovers for dinner, trying not to think too much about what I could be eating. If we were around you this weekend and got you sick, I apologize. It was definitely unintentional.

The moral of this story; being a mom rocks!!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Why didn't our kids inherit the Spjute Iron Stomachs? Life is so unfair.

April and Jared Fenn said...

Glad everyone survived. You DO have a freakin iron stomach. I guess you'd have to, being a nurse and all. :)

About Us. said...

I love your uncurable optimisum. I too must admit if I could hold the puke in, I would be laughing too. No such luck as I have a crappy stomach. I LOVE how you tell a story!!

Audrey said...

Awesome. I love that you could laugh. I would have been in full meltdown. You really are amazing!