Monday, May 3, 2010

St George!!!


Jake and I had a fabulous weekend in St George. Why was it so good you ask? Well, the number one reason is probably that we had no kids with us. Don't get me wrong, we love our kids, but everyone needs a break once in a while. Jake's family kindly agreed to watch the kids, (thank you!)so off we went.

I had to practically drag Jake to get him away, but once I got him there it was great. The weather was perfect. I'm not a hot weather person, so the mid-60s that we enjoyed was perfect. We went mountain biking and I got to try out my new bike. I've got lots to learn, but it was super fun.

We went shopping for a whole afternoon. Rare for me, but I've picked up a bunch of extra shifts so I was saving my money for a good ol' shopping spree. Very fun. Shopping's definitely more enjoyable when you have money to spend:)

Don't feel too sorry for Jake. He had his own shopping spree at the golf store where he bought new clubs. Lucky boy. So then of course we had to use them. First to the driving range where I tried for my first time to hit a golf ball. The next day I actually golfed 9 holes (is that how you say that?). This was definitely a first for me. I picked up my ball frequently so as not to be there all day, but I don't think I did too bad considering it was my first time. I actually enjoyed it. Might have to start doing that more.

It was so nice to have time with just Jake. I have to admit that I wondered if I'd be able to think of anything to talk to him about besides kids and work. Sometimes it seems like that's all we have to talk about. I was excited to enjoy talking to him all weekend long with a rare mention of the kids and no mention of work. Wahoo!!

All in all, a great weekend. Definitely a reminder that we need spend more quality time together. Also a good reminder of why I love my hubby:) We took a couple of pics, but I'm too lazy to get the camera, so you can enjoy this lovely pic of St George.

1 comments:

the mortensen's said...

I love golf! It is my new passion.