Thursday, June 7, 2012

Boise or Bust

We're headed to Boise today.  As soon as Jake gets home in fact (hopefully this is sooner than later).  The kids are so excited, and so am I really.  Jake's going the half-ironman on Saturday.  Craziness, I know.  He's going to swim 1 mile, bike 56 miles, and then run a half-marathon.  Does that sound fun to anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?...  Hopefully he survives so that we can go to McCall on Monday.  I went there when I was little, but I don't remember.  Looks like a beautiful place for sure.

Then we come back from McCall just in time to have the first Mark Spjute Family Reunion!  Wahoo!  Why in Boise?  Well, we have lots of extended family there we get to visit.  But we're also so spread out we decided to pick some place so that Mel didn't have to drive quite so far.  We're meeting in the middle, kind of.

Anyhow, it should be good times.  I'm excited to get away and hang with the fam.  Now if Jake would just get home...

1 comments:

the mortensen's said...

we are soooo excited to see you guys! also, we are thinking of getting gage a boot scoot fir his birthday. thoughts?