Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Family That Mountain Bikes Together...

Stays together!  We live in one of the best mountain bike places in the country.  Tons of places right here in Midway, and then the amazing Park City trails only 30 minutes away.  I have dreams of going on family mountain bike rides.  How do I plan on making that happen?  By starting them young.  If I get them to start things while they're young then when they're older they'll just keep right on doing them.  That's my secret plan anyway.  By the way, I fully realize that if my plan really works I will be the worst mountain biker in the family.  I'll have to take one for the team:)

Anyhow, Jake does this cool mountain bike race series, and yesterday they had a kids race.  It was awesome.  Zack was amazing and so was Kate (even though she was on her super lame bike).  The best part about it?  They loved it.  (My plan is working).  Sage even wanted to race so we let her ride the trail a bit on her boot scoot bike.  She thought she was so cool.  

Funny story about Sage and her bike (another one).  Kate lost her helmet so she had to wear Sage's.  Thus, Sage was without helmet.  We were riding to the start of the race on a little paved trail.  There was a bit of a downhill, but I thought Sage could handle it.  I think she could have, but she got behind Kate and didn't know how to turn.  So what happened?  She wiped out and totally smacked her head on the pavement.  The one time she's not wearing a helmet.  Ahhh!  Not to worry, she was fine.  But that's why she looks a little worse for the wear in her picture.

Notice how many kids are totally excited to mountain bike in these pictures.  Another reason you should all be jealous that we live here.  Did I mention that we have a house for sale right now?  You too could experience the bliss of living in the Heber Valley:)

Ready to race!


Sage and her boot scoot.

Our mountain biking family!

Kate and her cute friends.

Zack on the right.





Kate needed a little push

She did it!

Zack, the cool mountain biker dude.

2 comments:

the mortensen's said...

Zack is the man!

April said...

Way to go Zack!