Monday, June 18, 2012

Boise Part 1: The Race

The kids patiently waiting for Jake

Food is so good after 4 hours of racing!

Mr Ironman!



We made it home from 10 days in Boise.  Now I'm trying to dig out and get back to 'real life'.  Yay.

We had a great time and definitely got to relax.  The mark of a good vacation I think.  The first part of the trip was all about the ironman.  And what an ironman it was.  I think the race happened to be on the day with the worst weather for the last month.  Poor Jake.  The morning of the race it was 40 degrees, raining, and windy.  There was no parking at the start so the athletes were shuttled up.  They had to spend two hours standing at the top of the reservoir in rain and wet suits.  We wanted to watch Jake swim, so we rode up in the shuttle.  I took one step outside and turned around and got back in the shuttle to ride back down.  There was no way the kids and I were going to stand out in that weather.  I was worried about Jake because it was so cold.  He made it through the swim, which I think is amazing.  They shortened the bike from 56 miles to 15 miles.  A big difference, but everyone thought they made the right decision with the weather.  The only pics I have are from the finish.  Bummer.  But he did finish!  He did a great job.  I'm proud of him for doing something that hard.  What a man!

0 comments: