Sunday, June 3, 2012

Miss Independent

Sage trying to look innocent

She's off!!
Little Miss Sage (a.k.a. Miss Independent).  So cute, but so, so, so stubborn.  Its a good thing she's cute.  The poor thing thinks she's every bit as old as her siblings, thus she should be able to do what they do.  And believe me, she tries.  Let mom brush your teeth?  Yeah, right.  Do your own hair?  Why not.  She has a little stool she carries all around the house.  If something is too tall to reach, no problem, just get the stool.  She's crazy really.

Well, the other day she went a little too far - literally.  She always wants to go to school with Zack and Kate.  Its almost impossible to keep her from walking out the door with them.   On Thursday Kate and Zack headed off, Sage was right by me, so I knew she was good.  Shortly after they left she went out to ride her bike.  I should have known she had ulterior motives.  I was inside cleaning up breakfast.  I kept thinking I should check on Sage, but she knows she has to stay close to home.  I went outside to take the garbage out and there was no Sage...and her bike was gone.  This is bad.  I walked down the street a bit and couldn't see her anywhere on the whole street.  Also bad.  So I ran back home and hopped on my bike.  I finally found her cruising on her bike about a half-mile from our house.  She was almost to the dirt road that goes right to the school.  Are you kidding me?  She was so mad when I made her turn around.  She still doesn't understand what was wrong with riding her bike to school.  If Zack and Kate do it, why can't Sage?  This child might just be the death of me.

And let's not talk about what a good mom I am that she got that far before I noticed.  To my credit, she does go super fast on her bike...

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh Sage, you are too funny. This confirmed my decision: Landon will not be getting a scoot bike any time soon!

the mortensen's said...

don't worry, the other day Gage escaped to the front yard buck naked and stood on a tree stump in our yard waving to all the cars and people riding their bikes. my neighbor across the street(who happens to be our primary president) about dies laughing and hasn't stopped talking about it since

zackary04 said...

Love that girl...and independent is so right. I bet I heard, "grandma, I can do it myself" 100 times while we had her. Her independence will serve her well.